New police force on the way, says Arase

Forum 10 months ago

New police force on the way, says Arase

The Chairman, Police Service Commission, Dr Solomon Arase, has said he is building a new Nigeria Police Force that will once again be attractive to the youths.

Arase, a former Inspector-General of Police, also promised to continue to work for the unity and progress of both the commission and the Force, as he delegated officers of the commission nationwide to observe Inspectors’ promotion interviews, which starts on Monday.

According to a statement on Friday by the spokesperson for the PSC, Ikechukwu Ani, Arase said in less than two months of his assumption of office, he had succeeded in creating a cordial working relationship between the PSC and the NPF, noting that both parties now work together not to compete but complement each other.

“There is now respect for the clearly defined responsibilities of the two institutions and they now operate with mutual respect and shared vision,” Arase noted.

The statement added, “Dr Arase has said he is building a new Nigeria Police Force that will once again be attractive to Nigerian youths. The PSC chairman said he has continued to engage international donor agencies and other stakeholders in the police sector to assist build the capacity of the commission as an oversight body and that of the police as the lead agency in internal security

“I can report that I am getting listening ears and making a lot of progress; the police force we are building will surely be a pride of the nation.”

The PSC chairman commended the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, for the promotion of junior police officers who had in recent times suffered stagnation in their career progression.

The statement added, “Promotion of junior officers from constable to sergeant is one of the powers delegated to the IG by the commission. The chairman vowed that under his watch, no police officer, whether junior or senior, will be allowed to stagnate in a rank especially when there are no disciplinary issues affecting the officer.

“He disclosed that the commission, since he assumed office, has deliberately moved to clear all pending disciplinary matters in the commission so that officers can have unhindered career progression.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Arrest Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Others

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 1 day ago

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live