Hocus Pocus 3 In Development at Disney

Forum 10 months ago

Hocus Pocus 3 In Development at Disney

Hocus Pocus 3 is in the works at Disney.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/235ae40116001d8fbcee6ed1e9daaefe.jpg

The Sanderson sisters will run amok again in the third movie in the Hocus Pocus series. In an interview with The New York Times, Sean Bailey, president of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, confirmed that there will be a Hocus Pocus 3.

After the original 1993 film became a cult favorite after years of Halloween reruns on cable TV, Disney made a sequel last year for their streaming service Disney+. Hocus Pocus 2 was a success, setting a record for an opening weekend by a movie on a streaming service with 2.7 billion minutes viewed. The sequel was the 5th most streamed movie of 2022.

When is the Hocus Pocus 3 release date?

There is currently no release date for the new Hocus Pocus movie. However, it is likely that the film would once again follow the trio of witches played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Nijimy, sucking the life out of children to stay young.

It is currently unknown whether discussions have been made with the three stars of the franchise. However, at the press junket for Hocus Pocus 2, Midler told Entertainment Weekly that she would be open to reprising her role.

“I’d love to have a franchise — especially a character I love playing,” said Midler. “If there was a third one, of course, I’d sign on, but I don’t know how. I can’t imagine what the story would be, but I love Winifred, Sarah, Mary, and our relationship. It’s good for women. We stick together through hell and high water, but we do cause mayhem, and not many women cause that much mayhem.”

Vinessa Shaw, Omri Katz, and Jason Marsden, who starred in the original film, told EW that they would also reprise their roles if the studio wanted them back.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix
Forum | 2 days ago

Aurora: Kathryn Bigelow Apocalyptic Thriller No Longer in Development at Netflix

New Scary Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 1 week ago

New Scary Movie in Development at Paramount

Jon Snow Series No Longer in Development at HBO
Forum | 1 week ago

Jon Snow Series No Longer in Development at HBO

Disney+ to Start Password Sharing Crackdown This June
Forum | 1 week ago

Disney+ to Start Password Sharing Crackdown This June