House of the Dragon: Matt Smith on Daemon’s ‘Ill-Conceived’ Brotherly Love

Forum 10 months ago

House of the Dragon: Matt Smith on Daemon’s ‘Ill-Conceived’ Brotherly Love

House of the Dragon star Matt Smith recently discussed the morality and brotherly love of his character Daemon Targaryen.

What did Matt Smith say about House of the Dragon’s Daemon?

While speaking about Daemon, Smith noted the character “feels like he’s always doing the right thing” but that he doesn’t know “whether there’s a good guy waiting to come out” of him.

“I think Daemon’s got his own sense of morality, so to him, he feels like he’s always doing the right thing,” Smith stated. “I think his love for his brother is true. It’s just slightly ill-conceived at times. And when you think he’s doing the right thing, actually, he’s not. And when he thinks he’s doing the wrong thing, he’s not. I don’t know whether there’s a good guy waiting to come out in Daemon, but I certainly think there’s a side of him that is loyal.”

Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, House of the Dragon chronicles the rise and the downfall of the Targaryens, the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria. It takes place 200 years before the events of the award-winning series adaptation of Game of Thrones, which aired its final episode in 2019.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck
Forum | 2 days ago

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 5 days ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 6 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish