Oliver Stone Calls John Wick 4 Disgusting, Likens it to Video Games

Forum 10 months ago

Oliver Stone Calls John Wick 4 Disgusting, Likens it to Video Games

Director Oliver Stone recently shared some unfavorable comments about John Wick: Chapter 4.

Earlier this year, John Wick: Chapter 4 premiered in theaters to rave reviews from critics and audiences. The action thriller starred Keanu Reeves as the iconic hitman and features some of the most outlandish action sequences in the franchise. Wick has a car chase battle through the Arc de Triomphe, an incredible top-down shootout in a mansion, and he tumbles down a really long flight of stairs.

Stone, who directed films like Platoon and Natural Born Killers, recently shared negative comments about the new action movie. “I saw John Wick 4 on the plane,” said Stone to Variety. “Talk about volume. I think the film is disgusting beyond belief. Disgusting. I don’t know what people are thinking. Maybe I was watching G.I. Joe when I was a kid. But [Keanu Reeves] kills, what, three, four hundred people in the fucking movie. And as a combat veteran, I gotta tell you, not one of them is believable. I realize it’s a movie, but it’s become a video game more than a movie.”

“It’s lost touch with reality. The audience perhaps likes the video game. But I get bored by it. How many cars can crash? How many stunts can you do? What’s the difference between Fast and Furious and some other film? It’s just one thing after another. Whether it’s a super-human Marvel character or just a human being like John Wick, it doesn’t make any difference. It’s not believable.”

Is there an end credit scene in John Wick 4?

Yes, there is an end-credits scene in John Wick: Chapter 4. It involves Donnie Yen’s character Caine.

The film stars Keanu Reeves, Donnie Yen, Bill Skarsgård, Laurence Fishburne, Hiroyuki Sanada, Shamier Anderson, Lance Reddick, Rina Sawayama, Scott Adkins, Clancy Brown, and Ian McShane.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 2 days ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell
Forum | 3 days ago

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 4 days ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor