Samuel L. Jackson Defends Brie Larson From ‘Incel Dudes’ That Hate Women

Forum 10 months ago

Samuel L. Jackson Defends Brie Larson From ‘Incel Dudes’ That Hate Women

Samuel L. Jackson and Brie Larson are longtime friends. Recently, the Secret Invasion actor came to the defense of his friend against misogynistic harassment.

Brie Larson doesn’t let much affect her, according to Jackson

In a profile for Rolling Stone, Jackson was asked about Larson and the hate she got for playing Captain Marvel.

“Brie’s a stronger person than people give her credit for,” Jackson said.

Jackson noted Larson phoned him up for advice after being offered the role of Carol Danvers.

“When she got Captain Marvel, she called me and was like, ‘They want me in the Marvel Universe. Should I do it?’ And I was like, ‘Hell yeah! Let’s do it!’ But she’s not going to let any of that stuff destroy her. These incel dudes who hate strong women, or the fact that she’s a feminist who has an opinion and expressed it? Everybody wants people to be who they want them to be. She is who she is, and she’s genuinely that.”

Aside from Captain Marvel, the pair also starred in 2017 Netflix film Unicorn Store, which also served as Larson’s directorial debut. Up next, the pair will appear in Captain Marvel follow-up The Marvels, which premieres on November 10, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 2 days ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner
Forum | 3 days ago

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke
Forum | 5 days ago

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 1 week ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke