Christopher Nolan Agrees Oppenheimer is ‘Kind of a Horror Movie’

Forum 10 months ago

Christopher Nolan Agrees Oppenheimer is ‘Kind of a Horror Movie’

Director Christopher Nolan has agreed with the sentiment that his new movie Oppenheimer resembles a horror movie.

“Physicist J Robert Oppenheimer works with a team of scientists during the Manhattan Project, leading to the development of the atomic bomb,” reads the film’s official synopsis. This upcoming historical thriller is written and directed by Nolan, who has previously helmed films like The Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, and Interstellar.

Nolan recently commented on what it’s like to watch his new movie. “It is an intense experience, because it’s an intense story,” he told Wired. “I showed it to a filmmaker recently who said it’s kind of a horror movie. I don’t disagree…as I started to finish the film, I started to feel this color that’s not in my other films, just darkness. It’s there. The film fights against that.”

What is the Oppenheimer release date?

Oppenheimer releases on Friday, July 21, 2023.

The cast includes Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Benny Safdie, Michael Angarano, Josh Hartnett, Kenneth Branagh, Dane DeHaan, Alden Ehrenreich, Matthew Modine, Jack Quaid, David Dastmalachian, Jason Clarke, Josh Peck, Devon Bostick, Gary Oldman, and Casey Affleck.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale
Forum | 1 day ago

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie