Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies Creator Issues Statement on Paramount+ Removal

Forum 10 months ago

Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies Creator Issues Statement on Paramount+ Removal

Following the announcement of Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies‘ Paramount+ cancellation, series creator Annabel Oakes has addressed the musical dramedy’s impending removal from the streamer.

Oakes voiced disappointment over Paramount Global’s decision, but also expressed gratitude to the fans’ dedication to the Grease spin-off.

“In a particularly brutal move, it is also being removed from @paramountplus next and unless it finds a new home you will no longer be able to watch it anywhere,” Oakes wrote on her Instagram story. “The cast, my creative partners, and I are all devastated at the complete erasure of our show. Thank you to our beautiful fans. The music will remain even after the show is taken down. I’ve loved your art, your Tiktoks, and even and especially your wild fanfic and ships […] The #1 thing we would love is for you to watch the show before it comes down.”

Who’s in the cast of Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies?

Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies was written and executive produced by Annabel Oakes (Atypical), who also served as the showrunner and director. It starred Marisa Davila as Jane, Cheyenne Isabel Wells as Olivia, Ari Notartomaso as Cynthia, Tricia Fukuhara as Nancy, Shanel Bailey as Hazel, Madison Thompson as Susan, Johnathan Nieves as Richie, Jason Schmidt as Buddy, Maxwell Whittington-Cooper as Wally, and Jackie Hoffman as Asst. Principal McGee.

“It takes place four years before the original Grease; in 1954 before rock ‘n’ roll ruled, before the T-Birds were the coolest in the school, four fed-up outcasts dare to have fun on their own terms, sparking a moral panic that will change Rydell High forever,” reads the synopsis.

Executive producers were Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey for Temple Hill, Adam Fishbach, Alethea Jones, Erik Feig, and Samie Kim Falvey for PICTURESTART. The series was also produced by Grace Gilroy, with choreography by Jamal Sims and music by Grammy nominee and executive music producer Justin Tranter.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 2 days ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried
Forum | 3 days ago

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 week ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done
Forum | 1 week ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done