Mission: Impossible 7 Director Explains Why Dead Reckoning Is 2 Movies

Forum 10 months ago

Mission: Impossible 7 Director Explains Why Dead Reckoning Is 2 Movies

Christopher McQuarrie, writer/director of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning, has explained why the movie will be divided into two parts.

The upcoming action spy film Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One will star Tom Cruise as his iconic character IMF Agent Ethan Hunt. It will feature many of the characters we know and love for their most dangerous mission yet. This movie will only be the first part of a two-part film where the IMF team faces off against Gabriel (Esai Morales).

“I knew I wanted to expand the cast, and I knew I wanted to give each one of those characters more to do, so I knew the movie was going to be bigger and longer than Fallout,” McQuarrie told Collider.

“And at which point I said, ‘Why are we fighting this? Why are we going to try to jam this into two hours? Let’s just break it in half and make it two movies.’ That really was the rationale behind it being a two-part movie. It just it wasn’t just that the story was bigger but that we wanted more emotion in the movie,” he continued.

When is the next Mission: Impossible movie coming out?

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One premieres in theatres on July 12, 2023, by Paramount Pictures.

The cast includes many familiar faces such as Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby, and Henry Czerny reprises his role from the original Mission: Impossible. New cast members include Hayley Atwell, Esai Morales, Shea Whigham, Pom Klementieff, and Cary Elwes.

“Ethan Hunt and the IMF team must track down a terrifying new weapon that threatens all of humanity if it falls into the wrong hands,” reads the official synopsis. “With control of the future and the fate of the world at stake, a deadly race around the globe begins. Confronted by a mysterious, all-powerful enemy, Ethan is forced to consider that nothing can matter more than the mission — not even the lives of those he cares about most.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 3 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo