Oppenheimer & Inception’s ‘Complicated’ Endings Compared by Christopher Nolan

Forum 9 months ago

Oppenheimer & Inception’s ‘Complicated’ Endings Compared by Christopher Nolan

Director Christopher Nolan has compared the Oppenheimer ending to the ending of another famous movie of his, Inception.

The upcoming historical thriller follows physicist J Robert Oppenheimer (Cillian Murphy) working with a team of scientists during the Manhattan Project, leading to the development of the atomic bomb. It is one of the most widely anticipated movies of the year, with Nolan in the director’s chair and a star-studded cast.

Nolan recently shared a few thoughts on the ending of his 2010 science fiction action movie Inception, which starred Leonardo DiCaprio as a dream thief. The ending of Inception is famous for featuring the song “Time” by Hans Zimmer and ending on an ambiguous shot that makes you wonder if the protagonist is awake or in a dream.

“I mean, the end of Inception, it’s exactly that,” Nolan told Wired. “There is a nihilistic view of that ending, right? But also, he’s moved on and is with his kids. The ambiguity is not an emotional ambiguity. It’s an intellectual one for the audience. It’s funny, I think there is an interesting relationship between the endings of Inception and Oppenheimer to be explored. Oppenheimer’s got a complicated ending. Complicated feelings.”

When is the Oppenheimer release date?

Oppenheimer releases on Friday, July 21, 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The cast includes Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Rami Malek, Benny Safdie, Michael Angarano, Josh Hartnett, Kenneth Branagh, Dane DeHaan, Alden Ehrenreich, Matthew Modine, Jack Quaid, David Dastmalachina, Jason Clarke, Josh Peck, Devon Bostick, Gary Oldman, and Casey Affleck.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai
Forum | 1 week ago

Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar Gets 70mm Imax Rerelease for 10th Anniversary