Lilo & Stitch’s Jason Scott Lee Teases Cameo in Disney’s Live-Action Remake

Forum 9 months ago

Lilo & Stitch’s Jason Scott Lee Teases Cameo in Disney’s Live-Action Remake

During the recent episode of Kyle Meredith With… podcast, Mulan actor Jason Scott Lee, who originally voiced David in the animated Lilo & Stitch movie, confirmed his involvement in Disney’s live-action remake. Lee revealed that his cameo appearance would feature him playing a Luau manager.

“I got a little, small [part]. They threw me some bones, and I said, ‘Yeah, absolutely! In any capacity,’” Lee said (via Collider). “I just wanted to be a part of it, so it’s a three-day cameo, and I think it will be fun. I’m playing the Luau manager. I get to see the kid that’s playing my character that I voiced, David. And I’ll get to see Lilo and I’ll get to see Nani, the new people, the actors that are playing them. So it’ll be fun.”

Who’s the Cast of the Lilo & Stitch Movie?

Besides Lee, original Nani voice actor Tia Carrere has also joined the live-action remake, in which she’ll portray social worker Mrs. Kekoa. The film will be led by newcomer Maia Kealoha as Lilo with Chris Sanders returning as Stitch after voicing the character in the 2002 film and its TV spin-offs. Joining them are Zach Galifianakis as the voice of Dr. Jumba, Billy Magnussen as voice of Pleakley, Sydney Agudong as Nani, Kaipo Dudoit as David, Courtney B. Vance as Cobra Bubbles, and Amy Hill as Tūtū.

The live-action Lilo & Stitch movie is directed by Oscar nominee Dean Fleischer Camp from a screenplay written by Chris Kekaniokalani Bright. The adaptation is produced by Rideback’s Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, with Ryan Halprin executive producing.

“Lilo is a lonely Hawaiian girl who adopts a small ugly ‘dog,’ whom she names Stitch,” reads the original animated film’s synopsis. “Stitch would be the perfect pet if he weren’t in reality a genetic experiment who has escaped from an alien planet and crash-landed on Earth. Through her love, faith, and unwavering belief in ohana, the Hawaiian concept of family, Lilo helps unlock Stitch’s heart and gives him the ability to care for someone else.”

Originally released in 2002, Lilo & Stitch is Disney’s 42nd animated feature. It featured the voices of Daveigh Chase, Chris Sanders, Tia Carrere, David Ogden Stiers, Kevin McDonald, Ving Rhames, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Jason Scott Lee. The film was both a box office and critical success with a worldwide gross of over $270 million. It also earned an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 3 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed