Kevin Spacey Compared to Se7en Character During Ongoing Trial

Forum 9 months ago

Kevin Spacey Compared to Se7en Character During Ongoing Trial

As the trial of Kevin Spacey continues in the United Kingdom, the actor has been compared to his serial killer character in Se7en by an alleged victim.

According to reporting from the court by Variety, an unidentified man detailed allegations made against him by Spacey in a pre-recorded police interview. In the interview, which was played for the court in London, the accused Spacey of groping him “a good dozen times,” including touching him on his inner thighs and genitals over his clothes.

“His character in ‘Se7en,’ he’s a bit like that. A bit creepy. Maybe not quite as bad,” said the man, referencing Spacey’s iconic role as a serial killer who kills based on the seven deadly sins.

The man went on to describe further encounters with Spacey, including one particular car ride in which Spacey tried to grab him so suddenly that he almost crashed the car he was driving.

“His hand hit me quite hard on the inside thigh then moved up, real thud, hit me right in the nuts basically,” the alleged victim said in the pre-recorded video. “It took my breath away.”

According to the man, he didn’t come forward initially due to embarrassment and fear of any professional consequences he might face.

What is Kevin Spacey facing in court?

In total, Spacey has 12 charges against him, including sexual assault and indecent assault, with different charges alleged to have occurred in a range from 2001 all the way through 2013.

While Spacey has denied all allegations, he also said that, due to the charges, he thinks people are “afraid” to support him.

Last year, a New York jury found that Spacey did not sexually assault actor Antony Rapp, who first came forward against Spacey in 2017. Spacey says the results in London should be similar to those in New York.

“The moment scrutiny is applied, these things fall apart,” Spacey said. “That’s what happened in the Rapp trial, and that’s what will happen in this case.”

Once heralded as a legendary actor, Spacey’s career came to a screeching halt in 2017 when he was accused of making sexual advances on then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp (who appeared in a Broadway show with Spacey) in 1986. More allegations came forward following that, leading to Netflix cutting ties with Spacey on their planned film Gore, as well as removing him from the final season of the series House of Cards.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 20 hours ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Kevin Costner Turned Chris Hemsworth Down for a Role, Cast Himself Instead
Forum | 1 week ago

Kevin Costner Turned Chris Hemsworth Down for a Role, Cast Himself Instead

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming