Uzumaki Producer Gives Junji Ito Anime Series Status Update

Forum 9 months ago

Uzumaki Producer Gives Junji Ito Anime Series Status Update

Production I.G. USA president Maki Terashima-Furuta has given an Uzumaki status update for the Junji Ito anime adaptation.

What is the Uzumaki status update?

Anime News Network has reported that at the Production I.G x Wit Studio panel during Anime Expo this past weekend, producer Terashima-Furuta “assured fans that it’s still happening” and noted that “any news that it’s canceled should only be believed if it comes directly from her mouth.” This news comes a year after the Toonami anime’s most recent delay.

The Uzumaki manga series is made up of three volumes that were first published in 1998. It follows the story of high school student Kirie Goshima, who lives in the cursed town of Kurôzu-cho which is described as a small fogbound town located on the coast of Japan.

The four-episode anime series will be directed by Hiroshi Nagahama (Flowers of Evil) with Hereditary‘s Colin Stetson set to compose the score. The series will also be produced by Drive.

“Uzumaki follows Kirie Goshima, a high school girl who lives in a Japanese seaside town called Kurouzu-cho,”reads the manga’s synopsis. “Kirie and her boyfriend, Shuichi Saito, discover that Kurouzu-cho is cursed by the spiral shape. The curse affects the bodies, minds, and souls of Kurouzu-cho’s residents, causing mass obsession over spirals.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 2 days ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’