Judge Rules Kevin Costner’s Wife Must Leave Home Amidst Ongoing Divorce

Forum 9 months ago

Judge Rules Kevin Costner’s Wife Must Leave Home Amidst Ongoing Divorce

An update in Kevin Costner’s ongoing divorce has come down from a judge, ruling that Costner’s wife’s claims that Costner is trying to rush her out of their home is invalid.

Costner and estranged wife Christine Baumgartner — who filed for divorce from Costner last month citing “irreconcilable differences” — were at odds over a variety of issues in their divorce hearing, including what a proposed child support payment from Costner would look like, as well as whether or not Baumgartner would have to vacate the family’s home.

According to a new ruling (via TMZ), a judge has deemed that a provision in the pair’s prenuptial agreement that gives Baumgartner a set number of days to vacate the family’s palatial California estate is valid. Previously, Baumgartner had agreed to leave the home under the condition that Costner agree to pay $248,000 a month in child support.

Now, Baumgartner will have to vacate the home by July 31, a date that her lawyers argue is much too soon, asking for an extension to August 15, which the judge denied, noting the arguments were “without merit.”

TMZ also reported that a hearing on the validity of the pair’s prenup is set for November, and should the judge rule that the prenup should be enforced, Baumgartner would have to return the money she received from Costner, as well as pay for Costner’s legal fees during the hearings.

“Kevin’s statement…that I have ‘refused’ to move out is simply not true,” Baumgartner said in her most recent divorce declaration. “Since the initiation of this divorce, I have repeatedly told Kevin (both directly and through counsel) that I would move out once a child support order or agreement was in place. And I have taken steps to demonstrate my commitment to doing so by investigating available housing options.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties