Danny DeVito Is Open to Reprising Penguin Role in Batman

Forum 9 months ago

Danny DeVito Is Open to Reprising Penguin Role in Batman

Danny DeVito is open to reprising his role as Penguin.

DeVito first portrayed the character in the 1992 DC superhero film Batman Returns. There he played Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin, a crime boss who takes on Michael Keaton’s rendition of Batman. This film from director Tim Burton has gone on to become one of the most celebrated pieces of Batman media, with many singling out DeVito’s performance for praise.

With Keaton recently reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman in The Flash, DeVito has said he would also be open to returning to the character. “I would definitely consider doing it, yeah,” DeVito told SFX. “Batman Returns was a great part, it was operatic. You could just pull out all the stops. There were so many motivating things, so many things churning up inside of him. Being the odd man out – the odd bird out – brought the character out of me. It was an emotional experience for me because I felt it was an opportunity of a lifetime to play Oswald Cobblepot with Tim’s vision and design. Tim is a genius to me.”

The Penguin was most recently portrayed by Colin Ferrell in the 2022 movie, The Batman. Ferrell will reprise the role in an upcoming Max series named The Penguin.

What is Danny DeVito’s new movie?

His next movie will be Haunted Mansion, a Disney film based on the theme park attraction. The movie releases on July 28, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo
Forum | 6 days ago

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 week ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman
Forum | 1 week ago

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman