Barbie Movie: Greta Gerwig ‘Annoyed’ That Saoirse Ronan & Timothée Chalamet Cameos Didn’t Happen

Forum 9 months ago

Barbie Movie: Greta Gerwig ‘Annoyed’ That Saoirse Ronan & Timothée Chalamet Cameos Didn’t Happen

In recent interview with Cinema Blend, Barbie movie director Greta Gerwig has expressed her disappointment that her previously planned Saoirse Ronan and Timothée Chalamet cameos didn’t get to happen. The live-action fantasy adaptation marks Gerwig’s first directorial project without her favorite collaborators, who have been with her since 2017’s Lady Bird and 2019’s Little Women.

Why Saoirse Ronan and Timothée Chalamet Didn’t Film Their Barbie Cameos?

The acclaimed filmmaker revealed that directing Barbie without Ronan and Chalamet felt like she was doing something “without [her] children.” The Oscar-nominated duo’s specialty cameo didn’t work out due to scheduling conflicts.

“Well, it was always going to have to be like a sort of smaller thing because she was actually producing at the time, which I am so proud of her for. And of course, it’s brilliant. But it was going to be a specialty cameo. I was also going to do a specialty cameo with Timmy, and both of them couldn’t do it, and I was so annoyed. But I love them so much. But it felt like doing something without my children. I mean, I’m not their mom, but I sort of feel like their mom.”

Barbie is directed by Oscar nominee filmmaker Greta Gerwig from a screenplay she co-wrote with Noah Baumbach. The film stars Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, America Ferrera, Simu Liu, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Scott Evans, Kate McKinnon, Ariana Greenblatt, Alexandra Shipp, Emma Mackey, Issa Rae, Michael Cera, Hari Nef, Will Ferrell, Helen Mirren, Dua Lipa and more.

It is produced by Robbie and Tom Ackerly for LuckyChap and Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner, along with Josey McNamara and Ynon Kreiz. The live-action adaptation of Mattel’s iconic toy line is scheduled to arrive in theaters on July 21.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls
Forum | 1 week ago

What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason
Forum | 1 week ago

The Walking Dead Animated Series Can’t Happen Yet for This Reason

A Complete Unknown Set Photos Unveil First Look at Timothée Chalamet as Bob Dylan
Forum | 1 month ago

A Complete Unknown Set Photos Unveil First Look at Timothée Chalamet as Bob Dylan