Hayley Atwell Calls Doctor Strange 2 Cameo a ‘Frustrating Moment’

Forum 9 months ago

Hayley Atwell Calls Doctor Strange 2 Cameo a ‘Frustrating Moment’

Hayley Atwell is finally speaking out about her cameo in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Atwell briefly shows up in Doctor Strange 2 in the Illuminati as Captain Carter, the alternate super soldier version of Peggy. However, the character is brutally killed by Wanda Maximoff minutes after arriving onscreen.

What Does Hayley Atwell Think About Her Doctor Strange 2 Cameo?

On the Happy Sad Confused podcast with Josh Horowitz, Atwell had mixed feelings about her appearance in Multiverse of Madness. Atwell called it a “frustrating moment” because of the little time her character spent in the film.

“I’m like, ‘That wasn’t my choice,’” Atwell said about the Doctor Strange 2 cameo. “When she was like, ‘I could do this all day’ and then followed by she’s immediately cut in half by a frisbee. And the audience being like, ‘She can’t do it all day. Apparently you can’t, so, egg on your face.’ That doesn’t really serve Peggy very well.”

Watch the clip below.

Atwell prefers her character’s role in the animated series, What If…?, where Peggy receives the Super Solider Serum instead of Steve Rogers to become Captain Carter.

“I felt like I had much more to do in the What If…? animation series,” Atwell said. “I loved that in that they’ve been able to give her just more to do as Captain Carter, Captain Britain. So it felt like such a frustrating moment in Strange . . . she had less to do than what she did before she had the shield.”

Atwell can next be seen starring in Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One, which is now in theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US
Forum | 2 days ago

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 2 days ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam
Forum | 2 days ago

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam