James Cameron Denies Working on an OceanGate Movie

Forum 9 months ago

James Cameron Denies Working on an OceanGate Movie

Director James Cameron shut down any rumors about working on a movie about the OceanGate submersible incident.

Cameron has no plans to ever make a movie on the OceanGate submersible

Following comments made by Cameron about the submersible, which sank while attempting to visit the Titanic wreckage last month, rumors began popping up that Cameron was in talks to make a film about the incident. However, Cameron took to Twitter to quickly deny what he called “offensive rumors,” noting that not only is “not in talks about an OceanGate film,” but he would never do anything like that.

Shortly after it was revealed that the submersible had suffered an implosion as it tried to visit the wreckage of the Titanic, Cameron spoke out about the incident. The legendary director — who is himself an accomplished deep-sea diver — cautioned people to be careful when trying to do something as dangerous as deep-sea diving, while also pointing out the similarities between the actual Titanic disaster and the OceanGate submersible situation.

“I’m struck by the similarity of the Titanic disaster itself,” Cameron said. “Where the captain was repeatedly warned about ice ahead of his ship, and yet he steamed at full speed into an ice field.”

Cameron’s comments were disputed by OceanGate co-founder Guillermo Söhnlein, who said it wasn’t right to speculate on what happened inside of the ship.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 1 day ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 4 days ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 6 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online
Forum | 1 week ago

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online