Benny Safdie Explains Why He’s Not Directing Upcoming Adam Sandler Movie

Forum 9 months ago

Benny Safdie Explains Why He’s Not Directing Upcoming Adam Sandler Movie

Benny Safdie has explained why he is not directing the upcoming Adam Sandler movie.

Safdie has collaborated with his brother Josh on many films, co-directing and co-writing recent movies like Good Time and Uncut Gems together. Adam Sandler received critical praise for his dramatic role in Uncut Gems, and he is set to reunite with Josh Safdie on an upcoming movie surrounding sports memorabilia.

However, Benny Safdie recently told GQ why he will not be co-directing this new movie. “It just felt like, okay, there’s things that I want to explore that don’t necessarily align right now with Josh,” Safdie says. “So it’s a divide and conquer mentality. He wants to tell this story, he can go and do that. I’m going to go and do a couple of other things. It seems like a natural progression for how things have happened.”

Since Benny Safdie had gone off to act in a few projects like the Star Wars TV series Obi-Wan Kenobi and create a TV show called The Curse, Josh Safdie had gotten a head start on the Sandler project. “It was just a matter of, ‘This works for me right now and this is what I’ve got to do,’” Safdie explains.

Is Benny Safdie in Oppenheimer?

Yes, Safdie portrays Edward Teller in Oppenheimer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie