Margot Robbie Compared Barbie to Jurassic Park in Initial Pitch

Forum 9 months ago

Margot Robbie Compared Barbie to Jurassic Park in Initial Pitch

Convincing a studio to make a film is never an easy process, even for someone as successful as Margot Robbie. Studios tend to greenlight projects that can be commercially successful. With that idea in mind, Robbie, the star and co-producer of Barbie, compared the Mattel project to previous films such as Jurassic Park to show “big ideas” correlated to profit.

“I think my pitch in the greenlight meeting was the studios have prospered so much when they’re brave enough to pair a big idea with a visionary director,” Robbie said in an interview with Collider. “And then I gave a series of examples like, “dinosaurs and [Steven] Spielberg,” that and that, that and that – pretty much naming anything that’s been incredible and made a ton of money for the studios over the years. And I was like, “And now you’ve got Barbie and Greta Gerwig.”

Will Barbie gross over $1 billion worldwide like Jurassic Park? Probably not, but that did not stop Robbie from saying it would.

“And I think I told them that it’d make a billion dollars, which maybe I was overselling, but we had a movie to make, okay,” Robbie said about her pitch.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake
Forum | 3 days ago

‘James Bond 26’ Trailer Starring Henry Cavill & Margot Robbie Goes Viral, but It’s an AI Fake

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 1 week ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie