Greta Gerwig Hasn’t Begun Developing Narnia Movies, ‘Properly Scared’ of Them

Forum 9 months ago

Greta Gerwig Hasn’t Begun Developing Narnia Movies, ‘Properly Scared’ of Them

Last week, it was announced that Greta Gerwig would be directing two films based on the iconic Chronicles of Narnia fantasy novels by C.S. Lewis, something that Gerwig has acknowledged she’s scared of starting.

Speaking to the Inside Total Film podcast, Gerwig was asked about the projects, and said that she hasn’t even really started work on them yet. The director also added that she was “properly scared” of the idea, but that it might be a good thing.

“I don’t know,” Gerwig says. “I haven’t even really started wrapping my arms around it. But I’m properly scared of it, which feels like a good place to start. I think when I’m scared, it’s always a good sign. Maybe when I stop being scared, it’ll be like, ‘Okay. Maybe I shouldn’t do that one.’ No, I’m terrified of it. It’s extraordinary. And so we’ll see, I don’t know.”

What do we know about Greta Gerwig’s Narnia movies?

According to a report from The New Yorker, Gerwig has a deal with Netflix to write and direct at least two movies based on C.S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia. Prior to Gerwig’s upcoming adaptations, The Chronicles of Narnia were famously turned into a trilogy of films, the last of which was released in 2010. As a whole, the trilogy grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide.

Gerwig has had a successful directorial career behind her, having helmed the critically successful Lady Bird and Little Women. Her newest movie, Barbie, stars Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling in an adaptation of the popular Mattel dolls.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024
Forum | 6 days ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

5 Sci-fi movies that predicted the future
Forum | 1 week ago

5 Sci-fi movies that predicted the future

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life