Rick and Morty: The Anime Teaser Trailer Previews Opening Theme for Series

Forum 9 months ago

Rick and Morty: The Anime Teaser Trailer Previews Opening Theme for Series

During San Diego Comic-Con 2023, Adult Swim released the first Rick and Morty: The Anime teaser trailer, teasing what looks to be the intro to the series.

The new teaser is similar to the original series‘ intro, which sees Rick and Morty taking part in a variety of different adventures while the credits play. The teaser also previews the unique animation style for the upcoming series, as well as what characters like Rick, Morty, Summer, and more will look like.

The end of the teaser also features a hint of the original show’s theme music.

Check out the opening to Rick and Morty: The Anime below:

In a message after the trailer, Takashi Sano — who is directing the anime — had a brief message for fans. Sano said that he’s a huge Rick and Morty fan himself, and promises to honor the show, while also adding “a unique Japanese twist.”

“Hello. I’m Sano, the director of Rick and Morty: The Anime,” said Sano. “And as the director, I would like to assure you that I’m also a huge fan of the original Rick and Morty. I believe there are many Rick and Morty fans all over the world. And I’m truly honored to be chosen to create a new Rick and Morty story out of all of them. But with that honor comes a lot of pressure, because the original is just so well made. What I’ve tried to accomplish in these 10 episodes is to take all my favorite parts of watching Rick and Morty, compress them down to extract their essence, and then add a unique Japanese twist.”

What do we know about Rick and Morty: The Anime?

Rick and Morty: The Anime will be a ten-episode anime series directed by Takashi Sano, the director of Tower of God. Sano was also behind the two extremely popular Rick and Morty anime shorts, Rick and Morty vs. Genocider, and Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil), both of which are likely big inspirations and catalysts behind the full Rick and Morty anime being developed.

Besides Sano’s two anime shorts, Adult Swim has released a variety of anime-inspired Rick and Morty shorts, including the very first one, Samurai & Shogun, in March 2020. A sequel for that was released in November 20

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 23 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 1 day ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal