Jamie Foxx Speaks Out for First Time Since Medical Issue

Forum 9 months ago

Jamie Foxx Speaks Out for First Time Since Medical Issue

Jamie Foxx has spoken out for the first time since his “medical complication” in April, thanking fans and friends in a video.

Foxx thanked fans and friends for wishing him well

Foxx was first hospitalized on April 12 after suffering what his family described as a “medical complication.” Though little is known about what occurred, Foxx was said to be communicating with his family at the time of his hospitalization.

In a three-minute video posted to his official Instagram account, Foxx thanked everyone for their well wishes and love, sand explained that he didn’t provide an update sooner because he didn’t want people to see him in the state he was.

“I know a lot of people were waiting or wanting to hear updates but to be honest with you, I just didn’t want you to see me like that, man,” Foxx said. “I want you to see me laughing, having a good time, partying, cracking a joke, doing a movie, television show. I didn’t want you to see me with tubes running out of me and trying to figure out if I was gonna make it through.”

Foxx went on to praise his family for their role in his recovery, specifically his younger sister, Deidra Dixon, and his daughter, Corinne Foxx, for protecting him as he healed.

“To them, to God, to a lot of great medical people, I’m able to leave you this video,” said Foxx. “I cannot tell you how great it feels to have your family kick in in such a way, and y’all know they kept it airtight, they didn’t let nothing out, they protected me, and that’s what I hope that everyone could have in moments like these.”

Foxx also said that he knows his absence and lack of comments have led to a ton of speculation about what happened to him. In the video, he joked that he hadn’t gone blind, and was not paralyzed, moving his eyes and arms around in a joking manner to show off he was fine. However, he did say that he went “to hell and back” and that his road to recovery featured “some potholes,” but that he’s “coming back” and “able to work.”

He ended the video by once again professing his love for those who wished him well, and said that he hopes to have people remember him for the movies he makes — good and bad —, the songs that he sings, and the jokes he makes.

“As you can see, the eyes are working, the eyes are working just fine,” Foxx said. “I’m not paralyzed, but…I went to hell and back, and my road to recovery had some potholes as well. But I’m coming back and I’m able to work…I love everybody and I love all of the love that I got…if you see me out from now on and every once in a while I just burst into tears, it’s just because it’s been tough, man. I was sick, man. But now I got my legs under me, so you’re gonna see me out.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 6 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo
Forum | 1 week ago

Three Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping And Murder Of Medical Doctor In Edo