Cillian Murphy Is Open to Playing Ken in Barbie 2

Forum 9 months ago

Cillian Murphy Is Open to Playing Ken in Barbie 2

Actor Cillian Murphy is open to playing Ken in Barbie 2.

Recently, two vastly different movies, Barbie and Oppenheimer, were released on the same day. Murphy starred as the titular character in Oppenheimer, where he played the father of the atomic bomb in a dark historical thriller. Meanwhile, Barbie has been a huge hit at the box office, with fans praising the comedy and themes.

In a recent interview, Murphy said he would be open to crossing over to the other side and playing Ken in a potential Barbie sequel. “Sure, yeah. Let’s read the script, let’s have a conversation,” Murphy responded about playing Ken. “I can’t wait to see [Barbie]. I can’t wait to see the movie. I think it’s great for cinema to get all these great movies happening this summer.”

Barbie features many actors playing Ken, including Ryan Gosling, Simu Liu, and Kingsley Ben-Adir. It would be entirely possible for Cillian Murphy to join the ensemble cast of a Barbie movie. It would also be against type for Murphy, who has primarily appeared in dramas and is not known for his quirky comedic roles.

Will there be a Barbie 2?

There is no definitive word on a sequel yet.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo
Forum | 1 week ago

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 week ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 1 week ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise