Talk to Me 2: Directors Share Plans for Possible Sequel

Forum 9 months ago

Talk to Me 2: Directors Share Plans for Possible Sequel

Talk to Me, the breakout horror from the 2023 Sundance Film Festival, finally arrives in theaters this weekend. Yet, co-directors Danny and Michael Philippou have their sights on a sequel, Talk to Me 2.

While speaking with GamesRadar+, the directing duo explained that while working on Talk to Me, they instinctively began work on the sequel, mapping out ideas for Talk to Me 2.

“When we were writing the first film, we couldn’t help but write scenes for a sequel as well,” Danny said. “Our bible on the movie is so extensive. We’ve got this massive mythology bible where we broke down every single spirit that the kids connected with, every single rule, every single part of the hand, and the history behind it. So I think there’s so much to explore.”

The duo is embracing the idea of Talk to Me 2. Danny is “excited” about doing a sequel because of the countless options they can explore.

“It would be so cool to do a sequel,” Danny added. “I’d love that opportunity.”

What to Expect in Talk to Me?

“Mia (Wilde) is determined to get a piece of the otherworldly action in order to be distracted on the eve of her mother’s death,” the official synopsis reads. “But when her group of friends gathers for another unruly séance with the mysterious embalmed hand that promises a direct line to the spirits, they’re unprepared for the consequences of bending the rules through prolonged contact. As the boundary between worlds collapses and disturbing supernatural visions increasingly haunt Mia, she rushes to undo the horrific damage before it’s irreversible.”

Sophie Wilde stars as Ria, a teenager struggling to cope on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide. The ensemble cast includes Alexandra Jensen, Otis Dhanji, Joe Bird, Zoe Terakes, Miranda Otto, Marcus Johnson, Chris Alosio, and Alexandria Steffensen.

Talk to Me marks the feature film directorial debut of the Philippou brothers, best known for their YouTube channel, RackaRacka. Danny and Bill Hinzman wrote the script based on a concept by Daley Pearson. After its world premiere at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival, A24 won a bidding war to acquire U.S. distribution rights.

Talk to Me is now playing in theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise
Forum | 1 week ago