Nicolas Cage Reflects on Playing Superman in The Flash

Forum 8 months ago

Nicolas Cage Reflects on Playing Superman in The Flash

Actor Nicolas Cage has talked about playing Superman in The Flash.

Cage nearly played Clark Kent/Kal-El in a movie named Superman Lives, which would have come out in the late 1990s. The film would have been directed by Tim Burton,w ho had previously helmed two Batman movies with Michael Keaton. A few leaked photos have revealed Cage with long hair in the full Kryptonian suit. After a messy preproduction, the movie was abandoned before filming.

However, Cage recently got to finally play Superman. He first voiced the character in the 2018 movie Teen Titans Go! To the Movies. In the latest DC Extended Universe movie, Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) looks into different universes and sees one where Superman (played by Cage) battles a giant spider, which is a scene that would have existed in the scrapped Superman Lives movie.

“For me, it was the feeling of being actualized,” Cage told USA Today. “Even that look for that particular character, finally seeing it on screen, was satisfying. But as I said, it’s quick. If you really wanted to know what I was going do with that character, look at my performance in City of Angels.”

“I was supposed (to play) Clark Kent after that (in Superman Lives), and I was already developing this alien otherness playing this angel. That is a perfect example of the tonality you would’ve gotten for Kal-El and for Clark Kent: Clark would’ve been a little more amusing, but Kal-El (had) the sensitivity and the goodness and the vulnerability and all those feelings that were kind of angelic and also terrifying.”

Where can I watch The Flash?

It is currently available for rental on PVOD for $19.99. It will land on Max at a later date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 5 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

With Love: Marshawn Lynch, Luke Cage Star, & More Join Ke Huy Quan Action Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

With Love: Marshawn Lynch, Luke Cage Star, & More Join Ke Huy Quan Action Movie

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 1 week ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 1 week ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise