Challengers Star Mike Faist Says Director ‘Had No Knowledge of Tennis’

Forum 8 months ago

Challengers Star Mike Faist Says Director ‘Had No Knowledge of Tennis’

Challengers star Mike Faist says director Luca Guadagnino had no knowledge of tennis.

This romantic sports comedy-drama stars Zendaya, Josh O’Connor, and Mike Faist. “Following a losing streak, the wife and coach of a Grand Slam champion signs him up for a Challenger event where he will face off against her former lover,” reads the official synopsis. This film is directed by Guadagnino, who is known for helming Call Me By Your Name, Bones and All, and Suspiria.

“He had no knowledge of tennis going into this,” Faist told Empire. “And I think he had only a vague interest in certain tennis specificities. He was more interested in the bodies and sweat.”

“What Luca’s really good at is finding sensuality and desire,” says Zendaya. “There’s so much in just glances. The tension builds. Not having the release is a good thing sometimes.” Co-star Josh O’Connor elaborated on this. “The tennis is the sex,” he explained. “Those moments are so sexy. The film is dealing with the tension before and after. The sex they’re all desperate for is on the court.”

When is the Challengers release date?

The movie is set to release on April 26, 2024.

It is written by Justin Kuritzkes. The film is produced by Zendaya and Guadagnino, alongside Rachel O’Connor and Amy Pascal, both of whom previously worked with Zendaya on the three MCU Spider-Man movies.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 2 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel