Arrowverse’s Stephen Amell Expresses Disappointment Over Actors Strike

Forum 8 months ago

Arrowverse’s Stephen Amell Expresses Disappointment Over Actors Strike

During a recent appearance at Galaxycon in Raleigh, N.C., Arrowverse vet and Heels star Stephen Amell shared his personal opinion regarding the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike, confirming that he wasn’t among the 98% of the members who voted “Yes” on the strike against the AMPTP. Even though he believes in his union’s cause, Amell revealed that he doesn’t exactly support SAG-AFTRA’s striking by describing the act as “a reductive negotiating tactic.”

“I support my union. I do. And I stand with them. I do not support striking. I don’t. I think that it is a reductive negotiating tactic,” Amell said (via Variety). “I find the entire thing incredibly frustrating. I think the thinking as it pertains to shows — like the show that I’m on that premiered last night — I think it’s myopic.”

Stephen Amell Returns in Heels Season 2

Heels Season 2 will see Amell and Alexander Ludwig reprising their respective roles as brothers Jack and Ace, who are local professional wrestlers of their family-owned wrestling promotion Duffy Wrestling League. Set in a close-knit Georgia community, the series tells the story about the men and women who chase their dreams in the world of small town pro wrestling.

“Season two begins after a spectacular showing at the South Georgia State Fair, and the Duffy Wrestling League’s popularity is suddenly on the upswing,” reads the logline. “Hoping to seize the opportunity, Jack and his cohorts prepare for a possible business deal with a new streaming service that may propel them onto a national stage. But the past and its tragedies threaten to upset everything when Ace leaves Duffy and the Dome in his rearview, meanwhile rival promotion Florida Wrestling Dystopia’s vengeful frontman Gully comes calling.”

The series is written and created by Michael Waldron, with Mike O’Malley serving as the showrunner. It also stars Alison Luff, Mary McCormack, Kelli Berglund, Allen Maldonado, two-time Super Bowl champion James Harrison, AEW star CM Punk, and Chris Bauer. Executive producers are Waldron, O’Malley, Peter Segal, LBI Entertainment’s Julie Yorn, Christopher Donnelly and Patrick Walmsley.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Life of Chuck: Mike Flanagan, David Dastmalchian Offer Updates on Stephen King Horror Movie

The Office Spin-off Series Adds 2 Actors to Ensemble Cast
Forum | 6 days ago

The Office Spin-off Series Adds 2 Actors to Ensemble Cast

YouTube Is Being Messed Up By Some Nollywood Actors - Kanayo Laments
Forum | 6 days ago

YouTube Is Being Messed Up By Some Nollywood Actors - Kanayo Laments