Tobey Maguire Talks ‘Real Connection’ With Spider-Man: No Way Home Co-Stars

Forum 8 months ago

Tobey Maguire Talks ‘Real Connection’ With Spider-Man: No Way Home Co-Stars

During an interview for Spider-Man: No Way Home – The Art of the Movie book (which was conducted prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike), Tobey Maguire opened up about his experience filming Sony Pictures‘ blockbuster 2021 movie, revealing that he developed a “real connection” with fellow Spider-Man actors Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland. The Golden Globe nominee expressed how much fun he had on the set of No Way Home, describing it as a “special” experience.

“Working with Andrew and Tom was so dear to me, it really was special – a very rich experience for me, all around,” he said (via TheDirect). “It kind of reinvigorated my interest in performing. It felt like a real brotherhood, which was what we were aiming for, too, for us and for the characters.”

He added, “But then to have those dynamics play out – feeling a real connection and love for these guys, and having fun and having a laugh – all of that was energizing and reinvigorating for me.”

Who Was in Spider-Man: No Way Home?

Spider-Man: No Way Home was led by Tom Holland as the beloved titular wall-crawler, alongside Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange. The film also featured the return of Sony’s Spider-Man Universe alums Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, J.K. Simmons, Alfred Molina, Willem Dafoe, Jamie Foxx, Thomas Haden Church, and Rhys Ifans.

It was directed by Jon Watts from a screenplay written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. The film had earned a worldwide gross of over $1.9 billion at the box office. So far, Sony Pictures hasn’t officially announced the development of its follow-up sequel, but it has been rumored that Tom Holland and Zendaya are reportedly attached to reprise their respective roles as Peter Parker and MJ.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 22 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Sam Raimi: Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 4 Would Focus on ‘Personal Growth’
Forum | 1 day ago

Sam Raimi: Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 4 Would Focus on ‘Personal Growth’

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’