Emily Blunt Addresses Edge of Tomorrow Sequel: ‘I’m So Ready’

Forum 8 months ago

Emily Blunt Addresses Edge of Tomorrow Sequel: ‘I’m So Ready’

In an industry dominated by sequels, one idea that can’t get off the ground is a follow-up to Edge of Tomorrow, the 2014 sci-fi action film starring Tom Cruise. There have been sequel discussions brewing since 2015, but nothing has materialized. One person who doesn’t need convincing is Cruise’s costar, Emily Blunt, who is on board for an Edge of Tomorrow sequel.

What Did Emily Blunt Say About an Edge of Tomorrow Sequel?

On the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Josh Horowitz asked Blunt if he should stop asking for an Edge of Tomorrow sequel, to which Blunt replied, “No.” Blunt wishes there could be a sequel and even read a script from Doug Liman, who directed the first film. Unfortunately, it’s out of her control.

“I would love to make it a reality, but I just don’t know when or how,” Blunt said.

A sequel, Live Die Repeat and Repeat, was announced almost five years ago, with Lima, Cruise, and Blunt returning. However, no progress has been made as the sequel faces continuous delays.

Selfishly, Blunt wants Cruise to reprise his role from Edge of Tomorrow as William Cage because he was “brilliant” playing the cowardly hero. “And how many Mission: Impossibles does he need,” Blunt joked as Cruise’s seventh Mission: Impossible film is currently in theaters. If Cruise can find time in his busy schedule, Blunt will return for an Edge of Tomorrow sequel.

“I’m so ready,” Blunt said. “I’m not the impediment. I promise.”

Edge of Tomorrow is currently streaming on Max.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried
Forum | 3 days ago

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried