Adam Brody Reflects On Superhero Movies & Losing Marvel Role

Forum 8 months ago

Adam Brody Reflects On Superhero Movies & Losing Marvel Role

Adam Brody reflects on superhero movies, revealing to Variety that he auditioned to play Star-Lord/Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1. “Green Lantern. Guardians of the Galaxy. I wanted that. I wanted that one,” Brody shared on his past auditions. “The Chris Pratt part. I mean, he’s better for it than me. He’s, you know, he’s bigger, stronger. But, tonally, I really dug it. And, yeah, Green Lantern. That was it.”

Brody, who plays the superhero version of Freddy Freeman in the Shazam! movies, also discussed whether he made a conscious pivot to superhero movies: “It’s something that I’ve wanted to do forever. And obviously, like, I don’t think that’s an actual conversation anyone has – except, maybe Matthew McConaughey is like, ‘I think I want to pivot to superhero.’ But like, other than, like, a megastar. It’s like… Yeah, no sh–t, you want to be in one. Whether you like it or not, y’know, maybe you have an affinity for it. Either way, you need it, y’know, if you want to have some juice, and so it’s sort of a no-brainer.”

Prior to appearing in the Shazam! franchise, Brody was cast as The Flash in George Miller’s Justice League: Mortal. The project was ultimately scrapped by 2008.

What’s Adam Brody’s Next Role?

Prior to the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, Brody had been cast in an upcoming Netflix series. He’ll star opposite Kristen Bell in a comedy that focuses on “the unlikely relationship between the outspoken, agnostic Joanne (Bell) and unconventional rabbi Noah (Brody).” The series is created by Erin Foster, who executive produces alongside Modern Family creator Steven Levitan.

Brody recently starred alongside his wife, actress Leighton Meester, in the thriller River Wild. He also had a major supporting role in in the limited series Fleishman is in Trouble. The actor is well-known for his performance as Seth Cohen on The OC.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 2 days ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024
Forum | 6 days ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024

5 Sci-fi movies that predicted the future
Forum | 6 days ago

5 Sci-fi movies that predicted the future