Talk to Me Prequel Has Already Been Shot, Features Unique Storytelling

Forum 8 months ago

Talk to Me Prequel Has Already Been Shot, Features Unique Storytelling

Australian horror film Talk to Me is another success story for A24. Its twin directors, Danny and Michael Phillipou, are now hot commodities with a deal to make a new Street Fighter movie. But they could be returning to the world of their hit possession movie quite soon as they’ve already shot an entire Talk to Me prequel.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the Phillipou brothers revealed they’ve already made a prequel that is based on the vents of Talk to Me’s opening scenes. It centers on Duckett, a previous victim of the sinister hand at the center of the story. It’s likely only a short at this point, however.

It was Danny who revealed exactly what the prequel consists of. Seemingly suggesting the popularity of Talk to Me could open the door for the prequel to become a full release.

Talk To Me Prequel and Sequel Discussion

Danny told The Hollywood Reporter, ”We actually shot an entire Duckett prequel already. It’s told entirely through the perspective of mobile phones and social media, so maybe down the line, we can release that.”

The brothers also reiterated they’re keen on making a sequel, with Danny adding, ”But also while writing the first film, you can’t help but write scenes for a second film. So there’s so many scenes. The mythology was so thick, and if A24 gave us the opportunity, we wouldn’t be able to resist. I feel like we’d jump at it.”

With the critical and commercial success of the movie, It seems quite possible that A24 will be more than happy to greenlight a full Talk to Me prequel and sequel. Perhaps they will end up being as extreme as the original draft for Talk to Me was.

The story of Talk to Me sees teenagers using an embalmed hand to summon spirits that possess them. They treat the possession like a drug high, but it ends up inviting terrible forces.

Talk to Me is in theaters now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 6 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot
Forum | 1 week ago

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot

Panic As Taraba Traditional Ruler Is Shot Dead At Palace
Forum | 1 week ago

Panic As Taraba Traditional Ruler Is Shot Dead At Palace

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 1 week ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May