Ridley Scott Regrets Stepping Down From Blade Runner 2049

Forum 8 months ago

Ridley Scott Regrets Stepping Down From Blade Runner 2049

If there’s one movie that Oscar-winner Ridley Scott regrets not directing, it’s Blade Runner 2049.

Why Does Ridley Scott Regret Not Directing Blade Runner 2049?

Announced in 2011, Scott signed on to direct the Blade Runner sequel after serving as the first film’s director in 1982. Scott also committed direct Alien: Covenant. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, Scott had to pick one or the other, and the British filmmaker stuck with the Alien sequel — a choice he came to regret.

“I shouldn’t have had to make that decision,” Scott said to Empire magazine (via Deadline). “But I had to. I should have done Blade Runner 2.”

Denis Villeneuve stepped in to direct 2017’s Blade Runner 2049, starring Ryan Gosling, Ana de Armas, Jared Leto, Robin Wright, and Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard, the star of the first Blade Runner. Scott stayed on the project as an executive producer.

Scott will get a shot at redemption with his return to the Blade Runner universe for the Amazon Studios series Blade Runner 2099. He is attached as an executive producer

“I’m one of the producers,” Scott said in the same interview. “It’s all set years on. To me, it circles the idea of Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World.”

Plot details for Blade Runner 2099 are under wraps. However, it is known that the series will take place 50 years after Blade Runner 2049. Jeremy Podeswa, who helmed multiple episodes of Game of Thrones, will direct the Blade Runner 2099 pilot.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 17 hours ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie

Verydarkman Leaks Last DM He Received From Junior Pope, Regrets Snubbing Him
Forum | 1 week ago

Verydarkman Leaks Last DM He Received From Junior Pope, Regrets Snubbing Him

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 1 week ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’