The Exorcist Star Linda Blair Pays Tribute to William Friedkin

Forum 8 months ago

The Exorcist Star Linda Blair Pays Tribute to William Friedkin

Many tributes have poured in for director William Friedkin after his passing at the age of 87 was announced yesterday, and one of the most heartfelt and touching examples unsurprisingly comes from the star of his most famous film.

Then 14-year-old Linda Blair shot to stardom as possessed child Regan MacNeill in Friedkin’s 1973 horror classic The Exorcist. Now, she has praised the late director in an Instagram post, citing him as the man ”who changed my life forever” and ”my director, friend, and protector”.

Despite a difficult shoot for Blair at the time, she came to appreciate Friedkin’s direction on the set of The Exorcist.

”His directing came with demanding guidance, commitment and strict work ethic,” said Blair. “His creative licensing with my performance, always thought provoking and precise with his ‘on point’ direction for my performance as Regan. Pushing envelopes with ground breaking special effects to ensure my performance was nothing less than shocking and unforgettable.”

Linda Blair Explains How William Friedkin Was Her ‘Protector’

Blair then points to how he helped her handle the pressure of fame as The Exorcist became a smash-hit success and nurtured her love for nature.

”He fiercely protected me from the maddening crowds that reared their ugly heads back in the day of the movie’s release.”

”He understood my need to remain grounded in nature, my love for animals, and giving me my first prize horse which I named “Best Director” in his honor. He supported my continued love for animals and my foundation Linda Blair Worldheart, to change the world for the animals.”

Blair was nominated for an Oscar thanks to her portrayal of Regan. It remains one of horror’s most iconic and unsettling performances.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 3 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama