Snow White: Gal Gadot Had to Audition for Evil Queen Role in Live-Action Remake

Forum 8 months ago

Snow White: Gal Gadot Had to Audition for Evil Queen Role in Live-Action Remake

During an interview with GQ, Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot shared the story of how she got cast for the Evil Queen role in Disney’s forthcoming live-action Snow White movie. Gadot revealed that she had to audition for the project, which was something she hadn’t done in a long while. The Israeli actress confirmed that the casting team asked her to prepare a song in order to make sure she could sing for the role.

“It was the first time I had to kind of audition for a project in a while,” Gadot said. “They needed to make sure I can sing because this is a musical. So, for a month, I was working on the song, and then I auditioned, and we filmed the song, and I got the part, and it was very exciting.”

In addition, Gadot also expressed how much she enjoyed filming the fantasy film. “It was so much to shoot because it’s so different from anything I’ve ever done,” said Gadot. “It’s so delicious and delightful, and I could really go big and theatrical.”

Who’s Involved Live-Action Snow White Movie?

Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of Snow White is based on the studio’s first animated classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which debuted over 80 years ago and started Disney’s success with animated films. It was also inspired by the 1812 German fairy tale written by the Brothers Grimm. The film stars Rachel Zegler (West Side Story, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes) in the titular role, with Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Joining them are Andrew Burnap as Jonathan and Martin Klebba as Grumpy.

The film is directed and produced by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Greta Gerwig and Erin Cressida Wilson. It is expected to expand the story and music from the original. La La Land and The Greatest Showman duo Benj Pasek and Justin Paul are also attached to write new songs for the adaptation.

This project is part of Disney’s growing list of upcoming live-action projects, including Moana, Hercules, Lilo & Stitch, and Bambi, along with sequels to The Lion King, Aladdin, and Cruella.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 21 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed