Agatha: Coven of Chaos Will Introduce Sorceress Jennifer Kale

Forum 8 months ago

Agatha: Coven of Chaos Will Introduce Sorceress Jennifer Kale

According to Mashable, Saturday Night Live alum Sasheer Zamata will be playing the role of sorceress Jennifer Kale in Marvel Studios‘ upcoming Agatha: Coven of Chaos series. This won’t be the comedic actress’ first Marvel role as she’s currently part of the voice cast of the animated series Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, in which she lends her voice to Adria Lafayette/ Flying Fox. Her other acting credits include 2018’s I Feel Pretty film, 2020’s Spree film, and the Hulu comedy Woke.

“I definitely did do as much [comic book] research as I could,” Zamata said on how she prepared for her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut. “But the way we formed this character is very different from what I think people expect.”

She added, “[Shooting the show] was so magical and ethereal. It brought that out of everyone on set. There were crystals and candles everywhere. We saged and cleansed the stage all the time. It was the perfect environment for me.”

Who is Jennifer Kale?

Jennifer Kale was first introduced in 1972 by Steven Gerber and Rich Buckler through Marvel’s Man-Thing comic book series. In the comics, Kale hailed from a family of sorcerers who are part of the Cult of Zhered-Na. Besides Man-Thing, she had partnerships with different Marvel characters including Howard the Duck and Doctor Strange, as well as affiliations with the Midnight Sons and Legion of Night.

Agatha: Coven of Chaos will see Kathryn Hahn reprising her fan-favorite role as Agatha Harkness from WandaVision. For her fan-favorite performance, she earned an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actress. The series will also feature the return of Emma Caulfield Ford and Debra Jo Rupp, who are reprising their roles as Westview residents.

Joining them are MCU newcomers Aubrey Plaza, Joe Locke, Ali Ahn, Maria Dizzia, Sasheer Zamata, and Patti LuPone, with Locke rumored to be the male lead and LuPone set to play Sicilian witch Lilia Calderu. LuPone also previously confirmed that the series will feature several musical numbers from Agatha All Along songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.

The upcoming project hails from head writer Jac Schaeffer, who is also serving as an executive producer along with Kevin Feige. The directing lineup will consist of Schaeffer, Gandja Monteiro, and Rachel Goldberg.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu
Forum | 5 days ago

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Dark Matter Trailer Previews the Jennifer Connelly-Led Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Dark Matter Trailer Previews the Jennifer Connelly-Led Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series