My Animal Trailer Shows Amandla Stenberg Falling in Love with a Werewolf

Forum 8 months ago

My Animal Trailer Shows Amandla Stenberg Falling in Love with a Werewolf

Paramount Pictures has finally revealed the official My Animal trailer for the coming-of-age romantic horror. It stars The Hate U Give star Amandla Stenberg as her character falls in love with the town’s new girl who has a secret family curse.

The project hails from director Jacqueline Castel, who previously spoke with ComingSoon in January 2023 about the supernatural romantic drama.

After its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival, the film will arrive in select theaters on September 8. It will then be followed by its digital release on September 15.

Check out the My Animal trailer below

What is My Animal about?

“Bobbi Salvör Menuez (Euphoria) and Amandla Stenberg (Bodies Bodies Bodies) ignite in this genre-bending supernatural love story. Tormented by a hidden family curse, Heather is forced to live a secluded life on the outskirts of a small town. When she falls for the rebellious Jonny, their connection threatens to unravel Heather’s suppressed desires, tempting her to unleash the animal within.

My Animal is directed by Jacqueline Castel from a screenplay written by Jae Matthews. In addition to starring, Stenberg and Menuez are also serving as executive producers. The film also stars Heidi von Palleske, Cory Lipman, Charlie & Harrison Halpenny, Joe Apollonio, Scott Thompson, Dean McDermott and Stephen McHattie. The film is produced by Andrew Bronfman and Michael Solomon.

This marks Stenberg’s latest venture into the horror genre following her leading role in A24’s Bodies, Bodies, Bodies. She will next be seen in Lucasfilm’s upcoming Star Wars series, The Acolyte.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix
Forum | 1 day ago

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off
Forum | 2 days ago

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off