Love Is the Monster: Finnish Folklore Thriller Begins Filming

Forum 8 months ago

Love Is the Monster: Finnish Folklore Thriller Begins Filming

Sound of Violence director Alex Noyer has secured a SAG-AFTRA Interim agreement to begin filming his new folklore-based thriller Love Is the Monster. Deadline had the exclusive report.

Love is a Monster draws on the Finnish folklore of Noyer’s homeland and stars Leonardo Nam (Westworld), Madeline Zima (Doom Patrol), Moe Jeudy-Lamour (Ted Lasso), Kristina Tonteri-Young (Warrior Nun), Milla Puolakanaho (Omerta), Tatu Sinisalo (Sisu) and Sheila Mccarthy (Women Talking).

The story sees Zima and Nam play couple Ana and Justin, who having been rocked by infidelity, attend an exclusive couples retreat in Finland, under the golden rays of the summer’s midnight sun. They join other couples from other parts of the world to experience the transformative teachings of the shaman and healer, Tiina, inspired by the ancient Finnish goddess of love and fertility, Lempo. But the idyllic setting soon takes a turn….

Love Is the Monster Director’s Past Work

The film is written by Noyer, Hannu Aukia, and Blair Bathory. It’s produced by Noyer, Aukia, and Laurence Gendron. XYZ will be handling the film’s North American rights.

Noyer’s previous film, Sound of Violence, told an intriguing story where a young woman called Alexis recovers her hearing during the brutal murder of her family when she was 10. This somehow awakened synesthetic abilities in her and saw her begin a journey of self-discovery through the healing music of brutal violence.

That film starred Yellowjackets and Scream VI’s Jasmin Savoy Brown and The Deep House’s James Jagger, son of The Rolling Stones’ Mick Jagger.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’
Forum | 1 day ago

Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 2 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish