Shaky Shivers: Werewolf Comedy From Fast X Star Sung Kang Out Next Month

Forum 8 months ago

Shaky Shivers: Werewolf Comedy From Fast X Star Sung Kang Out Next Month

Sung Kang, best known for his role as Han in the Fast and Furious series, will make his directorial debut with the Cineverse creature feature Shaky Shivers.

The film is pitched as a campy horror comedy homage to the ’80screature feature. It features practical FX work from Gabe Bartalos, who has previously worked on the likes of Gremlins 2 and Leprechaun.

So a throwback to 1980s monster movies like Gremlins is already a good selling point, but Shaky Shivers is also about werewolves so my interest was boosted tenfold.

Shaky Shivers Trailer

Shaky Shivers follows two best friends Lucy and Karen, who are stuck working at their local ice cream parlor. After finding herself bitten by a mysterious animal, Lucy becomes convinced that she will transform into a fearsome werewolf. Joined by her best friend Karen, the two embark on a wild adventure filled with magic and mayhem, as they look to do battle with a throat-slashing creature ripped right out of an 80s horror movie.

Lucy and Karen are played by newcomers Brooke Markham and Vyvy Nguyen. The cast also features Jimmy Bellinger (Blockers), Herschel Sparber (A Goofy Movie), Skyler Day (Parenthood), and Erin Daniels (House of 1000 Corpses).

The movie has been well-received on the festival circuit, which led to its being acquired by Cineverse, who have been gathering some intriguing genre fare recently.

Shaky Shivers will be available to watch in Theaters nationwide on September 21, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 2 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 2 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie