The Crown Season 6 Depicts Princess Diana’s Death With ‘Enormous Sensitivity’

Forum 8 months ago

The Crown Season 6 Depicts Princess Diana’s Death With ‘Enormous Sensitivity’

The final season of historical drama The Crown will finally deliver what could be considered the show’s most anticipated yet controversial moment. Series producers Andy Harries and Suzanne Mackie assured viewers that Season 6 will thoughtfully chronicle Princess Diana’s tragic death with “enormous sensitivity.”

The fatal accident of Diana in Paris in 1997 was one of the most pivotal and sorrowful events in the United Kingdom’s history. Because of that, expectations for the hit Netflix series to successfully deliver the sequence are significantly higher. During an Edinburgh TV Festival forum (via Deadline), the show’s producers spoke about how the sixth and final season will capture the death of the beloved Princess of Wales with thorough respect and sensitivity.

“The show might be big and noisy, but we’re not. We’re thoughtful people, and we’re sensitive people. There were very careful, long conversations about how we were going to do it,” Mackie said. “The audience will judge it in the end, but I think it’s been delicately, thoughtfully recreated. Elizabeth Debicki is an extraordinary actress, and she was so thoughtful and considerate. She loved Diana. There’s a huge amount of respect from us all, I hope that’s evident.”

Meanwhile, Harries said that the death of Queen Elizabeth II — who died of “old age” on September 8, 2022 — didn’t change The Crown’s story in any way but greatly “impacted” the creatives behind the show.

“The passing of Her Majesty impacted on us all… It didn’t change [the story] fundamentally, but it did change it in a sense. When you see it, I think you will know what I mean,” Harries added. “It’s a very powerful film and a very respectful episode,” said Harries.

When Will the Final Season Be Released?

There are no details yet about the exact release date for The Crown Season 6, though the show is expected to return later this year. Despite other details remaining under wraps, there are no signs of delays at the moment either, as the show’s official X (previously called Twitter) account shared that the final season of The Crown will be “coming 2023.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 2 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 2 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama