Jennifer Aniston Is ‘So Over’ Cancel Culture

Forum 8 months ago

Jennifer Aniston Is ‘So Over’ Cancel Culture

Jennifer Aniston is not a fan of “cancel culture,” claiming in a new interview with Wall Street Journal that she is “so over” it.

Aniston didn’t enjoy meeting with Harvey Weinstein

On “cancel culture,” Aniston said that she “probably just got canceled” by mentioning it. However, she questioned whether or not people deserve redemption.

“I’m so over cancel culture,” Aniston said. “I probably just got canceled by saying that. I just don’t understand what it means.… Is there no redemption? I don’t know. I don’t put everybody in the Harvey Weinstein basket.”

When it came to the now infamously disgraced producer, Aniston said she has no good memories of Weinstein. Instead, the actress said, people often dreaded talking to him.

“He’s not a guy, you’re like, ‘God, I can’t wait to hang out with Harvey.’ Never. You were actually like, ‘Oh, God, OK, suck it up,’” said Aniston. “I remember actually, he came to visit me on a movie to pitch me a movie. And I do remember consciously having a person stay in my trailer.”

Aniston’s remarks on cancel culture come after she faced her own controversy earlier this month. The Friends actress took to Instagram at the beginning of the month to speak up against a post that Jamie Foxx made that many users claimed was antisemitic. Foxx would later apologize for the moment, explaining it as a misunderstanding in his wording.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu
Forum | 3 days ago

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Dark Matter Trailer Previews the Jennifer Connelly-Led Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Dark Matter Trailer Previews the Jennifer Connelly-Led Apple TV+ Sci-Fi Series