District 10: Neill Blomkamp Gives District 9 Sequel Update

Forum 8 months ago

District 10: Neill Blomkamp Gives District 9 Sequel Update

District 9 director Neill Blomkamp has given an update on the possibility of District 10 — a sequel to the beloved science-fiction movie.

What did Neill Blomkamp say about a potential District 10?

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Blomkamp was asked if Sony would still be tied to District 10 if it were to happen. The director confirmed that Sony would be involved, but noted that he doesn’t know if the movie is going to happen or not, though he speculated that it will “probably” be made at some point.

“Yeah, they would be tied to it,” Blomkamp confirmed. “I don’t know if it’s getting made or not. I don’t know if I even want to make that right now, but at some point down the line, it’ll probably get made.

When the interviewer stated that Gran Turismo’s response will likely help the possibility of District 10 happening, the director agreed, stating, “Yeah, that makes sense.”

District 9 first released in 2009 to largely positive reception and ended up being nominated for several awards. A sequel had been hinted at several times over the years, with Blomkamp and Sharlto Copley having both apparently written drafts for a potential District 10.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 2 days ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update