Talk to Me Becomes A24’s Biggest Horror Movie Ever

Forum 7 months ago

Talk to Me Becomes A24’s Biggest Horror Movie Ever

The accolades keep rolling in for A24’s Australian horror movie Talk to Me. It’s now become the highest-grosssing horror movie of all time for A24.

The latest box office haul pushed the modestly budgeted supernatural horror past stablemate Hereditary, which burst onto the scene in a similar fashion in 2018.

Hereditary had managed a decent $44 million during its run five years ago, and Talk to Me, which has had good staying power in its sixth week at the box office, went half a million higher thanks to a near $2 million haul over the weekend. The film was made for just $4.5 million.

Talking Money

Twin directors Danny and Michael Phillipou made their full feature debut with Talk to Me after a successful YouTube channel set them on the way to this movie becoming a reality and thrust them into a world of sequels and Street Fighter adaptations.

The plot of Talk to Me concerns a group of teenagers who discover an embalmed hand that allows them to become possessed by spirits. Using this as a supernatural high, the teens end up taking things too far and invite something terrible into their world.

It’s been a good year for genre movies at the box office with the likes of Insidious: The Red Door, M3GAN, and Scream VI all doing great numbers. Even Western box office dud Meg 2: The Trench has done well in overseas markets to make up for its shortfall in the US.

Talk to Me is set for a physical home release on October 3, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale
Forum | 1 day ago

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie