Rings of Power’s Morfydd Clark to Star as Deaf Musician Evelyn Glennie in Biopic

Forum 7 months ago

Rings of Power’s Morfydd Clark to Star as Deaf Musician Evelyn Glennie in Biopic

According to Variety, Morfydd Clark is set to star in a biopic about Evelyn Glennie titled Making Noise. Glennie, a deaf Scottish percussionist, is a Grammy-winning musician who has released over 40 albums and worked with notable artists like Bjork, Mark Knopfler, and Underworld. Making Noise is described as a “vibrant, exhilarating story of how the world fell in love with a woman who broke all the rules.”

Clark is best known for starring as Galadriel in Prime Video’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Her recent roles include The Personal History of David Copperfield, Dracula, and Saint Maud, which earned Clark a BAFTA Rising Star nomination. Clark will soon star alongside Riz Ahmed in a modern adaptation of Hamlet.

“She doesn’t fit into her world but, instead of adapting herself to fit it, she figured out how to change the world to make space for her,” Clark said in a statement on why she was drawn to the project. “No one but Evelyn could have changed music the way she did.”

Who is Involved in the Evelyn Glennie Biopic?

Hope Dickson Leach is slated to direct Making Noise from a screenplay by James Anthony Pearson. James Brown and Nicky Bentham will serve as producers.

“Making Noise will be as original and unique as the woman at its beating heart. A woman who changed music forever. An artist who refused to be ignored,” Leach said in a statement. “The turmoil of creation and the ecstasy of the transcendent — that is the story I fell in love with when I was introduced to Evelyn’s life. We are used to seeing the world of classical music as one of high culture, but we will resist that: Evelyn is a rock star of classical music whose fire continues to burn bright. Her story will command an audience’s attention until the last euphoric note is struck”.

Making Noise is in pre-production with a projected shooting date in spring 2024. Glennie will be a musical consultant and coach for Clark. Access coordinators include Glennie and Bridge 06, with Justin Edgar joining as a disability consultant.

Embankment is launching global pre-sales on Making Noise at TIFF 2023. UTA is partnering with Embankment for the U.S. market. FreibeuterFilm is a co-producer on the film.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 2 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 2 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG