Warner Bros. Discovery CEO Says More Bundles Are Coming

Forum 7 months ago

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO Says More Bundles Are Coming

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav says fans should expect more “content” bundling in the near future.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Zaslav was speaking at a Goldman Sachs conference on September 6, 2023. During the conference, Zaslav said Warner Bros. Discovery has been discussing bundling options with other streaming and entertainment companies, all in an effort to provide “a better consumer experience.”

“You know, as we talk to consumers, they find it difficult, and so I think one of the things that we’re going to see as we look into the future is bundling,” he said. “Some of this disruption and some of these moments of what’s going to happen may activate a quicker transition to things like some of us in the content business bundling together as a way to create more value and create a better consumer experience.”

Zaslav specifically pointed to how Max and AMC Networks recently came to an agreement to stream shows such as Fear the Walking Dead and Killing Eve on Max’s platform for a limited time.

“That was Kristin Dolan [AMC’s CEO] and JB [Perrette, WBD’s streaming chief] getting together and saying, ‘Why don’t we try this, let’s see how it goes.… Let’s see whether that helps you grow your AMC direct-to-consumer product,” he said.

Zaslav addresses Charter Spectrum and Disney’s dispute

Regarding the recent Charter Spectrum and Disney dispute, which erupted over Labor Day weekend when approximately 15 million Charter customers lost access to a number of Disney-owned channels, Zaslav said, “It feels like this is a moment.”

“We’re on the sidelines of this,” Zaslav continued. “I think we’re one of the good actors in the industry that’s spending a lot of money still in linear because we believe in it.”

Zaslav also added that Warner Bros. Discovery doesn’t have any major deals that are in the works until at least 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 22 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

The Watchers Release Date Moved Up by Warner Bros.
Forum | 2 days ago

The Watchers Release Date Moved Up by Warner Bros.

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday