Netflix’s One Piece Repurposed Boats From Another Popular Pirate Series

Forum 7 months ago

Netflix’s One Piece Repurposed Boats From Another Popular Pirate Series

Marc Jobst, the director of the first two episodes of Netflix‘s One Piece, has revealed that boats from another popular pirate show were used in the live-action anime adaptation.

What pirate series were some of the boats in Netflix’s One Piece from?

While speaking with ComingSoon, Jobst revealed that boats from Black Sails were repurposed and used in One Piece, with one of the ships being painted bright pink to be used as “Iron Mace” Alvida’s boat in the first episode.

“And in One Piece, these pirate ships … we had to paint one pirate ship pink because it’s Alvida’s pirate ship, pink with hearts. So the funniest thing was that that same ship that we’d been shooting Black Sails on we were now painting pink with pink hearts on it. [Laughs]. So it was a crazy opposite. But of course I knew how to work the ships. I’d shot on the ships before I knew how you could put green screens around it.”

Based on Eiichiro Oda’s manga series of the same name, One Piece follows the Straw Hat Pirates on their quest to find the world’s greatest treasure. The synopsis reads: “In a seafaring world, a young pirate captain sets out with his crew to attain the title of Pirate King and to discover the mythical treasure known as ‘One Piece.'”

The cast includes Iñaki Godoy as Monkey D. Luffy, Emily Rudd as Nami, Mackenyu as Roronoa Zoro, Jacob Romero Gibson as Usopp, Taz Skylar as Sanji, Vincent Regan as Monkey D. Garp, Jeff Ward as Buggy the Clown, and Morgan Davies as Koby. All eight episodes of One Piece are now available to stream on Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 2 days ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 3 days ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 3 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner