The Nun 2 Kicks Off the Fall Season With Strong Thursday Box Office

Forum 7 months ago

The Nun 2 Kicks Off the Fall Season With Strong Thursday Box Office

Thursday previews got The Nun 2 off to a strong start at the box office, with an initial haul of $3.1 million ahead of its opening weekend.

All eyes will be on the ninth entry in the Conjuring franchise as it attempts to overhaul its predecessor and become the most successful Conjuring film to date. New Line is hoping for a $30 million weekend, which is humble compared to the $54 million the first film conjured up on its own opening weekend. It looks like it’ll have little trouble hitting that initial goal anyway.

The Nun 2 is expected to easily bat away the competition this weekend, My Big Fat Greek Wedding joins The Nun 2 in releasing this weekend, and last week’s The Equalizer 3 will likely lose some steam after a good opening.

The original movie is the highest-grossing entry in The Conjuring franchise with around $365 million at the box office, so the sequel has quite a hill to climb.

Set in 1956, the sequel sees Bonnie Aarons return as Demon Nun Valak, and Taissa Farmiga is back as Sister Irene alongside Jonas Bloquet. Storm Reid also joins the cast. Michael Chaves helms his third Conjuring film after The Curse of La Llorona and The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It.

The Nun 2 is out in theaters now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

Runway Mishap: ART Kicks Against Dana Air Suspension, Cautions Keyamo
Forum | 2 days ago