Invincible Season 2 Creator Clarifies Release Date Delay Reports

Forum 7 months ago

Invincible Season 2 Creator Clarifies Release Date Delay Reports

Invincible Mark costume

Robert Kirkman just clarified the reasoning for Invincible Season 2's delayed arrival amid reports making assumptions.

After a long wait of over two years (the Season 1 finale aired in April 2021), Season 2 is finally right around the corner. Needless to say, fans are excited to have new episodes to look forward to finally.

The trailer for the new season teases Mark graduating from high school, the whole team's continued struggles coping with Omni-Mans betrayal, Invincible and Mr. Immortal going at it, and much more.

But why did fans have to wait so long in the first place?

Robert Kirkman Clarifies Reasoning for Delays

In a new interview with Polygon, Invincible creator Robert Kirkman clarified some previous reports claiming that the delay in the show's second season was due to the removal of CG animation from their process.

Kirkman noted how he feels those claims are simply "an assumption" being made by many and that most of the extra wait was due to "COVID" and having "to rebuild the team:"

"I think that’s an assumption that’s being made based on some comments that were said at the [San Diego Comic-Con] panel, but I don’t think that’s necessarily a delay. With COVID, there was a longer break in production than we wanted there to be. It took some time to rebuild the team. And frankly, I like a lot of the CG elements in Season 1, but I feel like at certain points, they stand out."

The show's creator went on to clearly state that "doing less CG in Seasons 2 and 3 is a creative decision:"

"So doing less CG in Seasons 2 and 3 is a creative decision. The delays were really just COVID. Making a cartoon is like assembling a factory and letting it run. And because of COVID, we had to shut the factory down. So to get into Seasons 2 and 3, we had to rebuild the factory and get it up and running again, and that took a lot of time."

Before Season 2 arrives, fans should check out Invincible: Atom Eve, a special spin-off episode focusing on Gillian Jacobs' superheroine.

Invincible Season 2 starts streaming on November 3.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins