Keanu Reeves Wanted to Be Definitively Killed off in John Wick 4: ‘I Can’t Do This Again’

Forum 7 months ago

Keanu Reeves Wanted to Be Definitively Killed off in John Wick 4: ‘I Can’t Do This Again’

Keanu Reeves wanted to be “definitively” killed off at the end of John Wick: Chapter 4, according to franchise producer Basil Iwanyk.

In a recent interview with Collider, Iwanyk revealed Reeves wanted his character to be “definitively” killed at the end of John Wick: Chapter 4.

“After the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th movie, making these films is so exhausting and it destroys Keanu, physically and emotionally,” Iwanyk continued. “By the end, he’s always like, ‘I can’t do this again,’ and we agree with him. The guy is just a shell of himself because he just goes off and goes for it. He was like, ‘I wanna be definitively killed at the end of this movie.’ We were like, ‘You know, we’ll leave a 10% little opening.’”

At the end of John Wick: Chapter 4, Reeves’ character is mortally wounded in a duel against Donnie Yen’s Caine. He appears to succumb to his injuries, as the movie concludes with Winston (Ian McShane) and the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) visiting his grave, which is located right next to where his late wife is buried.

John Wick: Chapter 5 may still be coming

While the John Wick franchise is set to expand on September 22 with the release of a new prequel spin-off series titled The Continental, Iwanyk said a fifth John Wick movie could still happen.

“We all want another John Wick,” Iwanyk said. “We don’t know what it looks like and when it will happen, but we love each other and we love this world. It’s gonna be all hands to try to figure it out. Have we figured it out? No. And if we can’t figure it out, will there be one? No, of course not. No one is gonna try to just jam it for the sake of jamming it.”

John Wick: Chapter 4 is currently streaming on Starz.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 1 day ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia
Forum | 1 day ago

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish