Among the Dead: Found Footage Zombie Movie Finds a Director

Forum 7 months ago

Among the Dead: Found Footage Zombie Movie Finds a Director

Yoshimoto Kogyo and People of Culture Studios have found a director for their found footage zombie movie Among the Dead.

Variety exclusively revealed that Japanese comedian and director Shinagawa Hiroshi (Drop, One Third) will take up the mantle for the film written by father/daughter team Andy and Charlie Danger Crosby.

An Unconventional Apocalypse Story

In Among the Dead’s story, a zombie apocalypse occurs, and one emotionally unstable man abandons friends and family to go live among the few remaining zombies before they’re all gone. He hopes to better understand the zombies and document their final days, but his efforts become a document of his own final days.

Shinagawa said of the news,

“I am so grateful to my team at Yoshimoto and the folks at PoC Studios for helping to bring my horror vision to life in the place where all magic happens, Hollywood. The teenage me who stayed up late nights watching American horror movies would be so proud.”

The project marks Shinagawa’s first English-language directing assignment. He’s historically been known for being one-half of Japanese comedy duo Shinagawa Shoji. He has a healthy roster of acting credits as well as several feature films as director under his belt.

Writer Andy Cosby also serves as chief creative officer of PoC Studios and produces this film alongside Wada Ryoichi, the co-creator of the Japanese indie hit film One Cut of the Dead.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 17 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo