The Exorcist: Believer Video Looks at Ellen Burstyn’s Return

Forum 7 months ago

The Exorcist: Believer Video Looks at Ellen Burstyn’s Return

With the release of The Exorcist: Believer just a few weeks away, the marketing push begins to grow. So, we get things such as this video examining the return of Ellen Burstyn to the series.

For the first time since the 1973 film by William Friedkin, Oscar winner Burstyn reprises her iconic role as Chris MacNeil, an actress who has been forever altered by what happened to her daughter Regan five decades before.

In much the same way director David Gordon Green approached his 2018 Halloween movie (but not exactly the same), The Exorcist: Believer will connect stories new and old in a famous horror franchise.

The video can be viewed below.

The Exorcist: Believe – A Look Inside

Since the death of his pregnant wife in a Haitian earthquake 12 years ago, Victor Fielding (Tony winner and Oscar nominee Leslie Odom, Jr.; One Night in Miami, Hamilton) has raised their daughter, Angela (Lidya Jewett, Good Girls), on his own.

But when Angela and her friend Katherine (newcomer Olivia O’Neill), disappear in the woods, only to return three days later with no memory of what happened to them, it unleashes a chain of events that will force Victor to confront the nadir of evil and, in his terror and desperation, seek out the only person alive who has witnessed anything like it before: Chris MacNeil.

The Exorcist: Believer is in theaters on October 6, 2023. The original film is also getting a theatrical run for its 50th anniversary.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series